From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 05:45:35 -0700
    Mom saw her Dr for a physical exam, mammogram & ultrasound.  Dr did not
find anything on palpation.  The mammogram showed nothing.  The ultrasound
showed a cyst.  Dr declined to do a needle biopsy of the fluid in the cyst.
Mom said she's okay with that as she doesn't want to risk having some of the
fluid flow into the breast tissue.  Dr told her to come back for a re-check
in 6 months, or earlier if she observes the cyst growing, or has a blood or
pus discharge.
    The foul smell of the fresh milk has passed & baby is accepting the
"bad" side.  She says her EBM still "goes bad" in the 'fridge & freezer.
This regardless of whether she uses glass or plastic for storage.  So, there
is still no explanation for the gaggingly foul smell and taste of her milk.
    She said she would call if there were more problems & asked me to inform
the other IBCLC in this city who she also consulted for this situation.  I
have done that.
    I'm not satisfied, but then, I'm not this mother.  She has decided not
to investigate further at this point.

Phyllis Adamson, BA, IBCLC
Private Practice - Glendale, AZ