From:
Pascoes in Dubai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 10:28:50 +0400
Thankyou everyone for all your information about formulas with added
LCPUFA's. In response to the recent article about breastfeeders with
higher IQ in our paper, complete with formula plug in the middle, I
wrote a letter to the editor saying there was no coincidence that this
article appeared as AIM companies are right now here wooing our HCP's
with gala dinners (and I don't want to know what else). I included
everything people would find most interesting about these new formulas.
Sources, conflicts of interest, even Barbara's wonderful line asking the
companies if they are now accepting liability for the children on their
previous formulas who now have decreased visual acuity and brain
development.  Knowing the policy from the past.yes you can write about
how wonderful breastmilk is but we won't publish anything detrimental
about formula, I had NO hopes it would be published.

Imagine my surprise when it appeared the very next morning; the first
letter, and barely edited. Every small voice makes a difference and
persistence always pays off. Thankyou to you all for providing me with
the information that I would never have known about this important
topic. This triumph is yours, not mine.

Meg Kingsley

Lay Breastfeeding Supporter, Dubai UAE

E-Mail : [log in to unmask]