Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:42:48 -0500
Well I'm tickled.  I'm behind, as usual, and opened to a recent post that
implied that Lactnet was teetering on the brink - that heated discussions
were threatening to boil over permanently and put an end to the list.

Panicked, I started spot-checking.  The more I checked without finding
anything but supportive, informative posts, the more I realized what a small
proportion of our posts, even at the worst of times, falls in the
"problematic" category.

I still haven't found what the current problem thread is, but I've seen
posts supporting Lactnet, giving drug info, discussing premies, NABA, milk
bank locations, breast pain, gowns... all the good stuff that Lactnet always
provides.

I don't know what I'd do without Lactnet.  Whenever I'm stuck, I tell my
client about the place I can go for more information.  Just *saying* it
makes me feel supported and clearer-headed.  This recent exercise in looking
for and not being able to find the source of the latest debacle was well
worth doing.  Lactnet may get overheated at times, but for the most part
it's one of the coolest things going :-)
--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com