Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 20:38:07 EDT
When a Doctor orders anything--medication, tests, treatments, &
supplementation, we as the consumer have the option to refuse it.  I'm also a
nurse int an OB unit & we often have patients refuse a drug or even a
treatment.

concern until 10% weight loss.  If mother is well read she can ask the doctor
what the concern is & why the supplementation.  Also I often encourage mom to
supplement.

It seems all babies lose some weight after delivery.  Maybe there is a
physiological reason this occurs & in health newborns we should let nature do
its thing.

Debbie Moses, RN, IBCLC
Louisville, Ky    [log in to unmask]