From:
"Fogelmans ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2015 14:11:41 +0200
Hi, I have also found that most of the supplementation comes from the
mother's concern that the baby isn't getting enough milk from her and their
preconceptions of what is normal, i.e. the baby ate x amount of time from
each breast so he should not be hungry... I feel that it is extremely
cultural and that the women that give birth at home are a subculture and
perhaps unaffected by the give abm mentality of the rest of the Western
world. Last week I worked with a couple that moved to Israel from Ethiopia.
They asked for a bottle after the baby's first breastfeed. They insisted
that the mother did not have milk yet ("she doesn't have anything") No
matter what I said, I could not convince her. I was thinking, if she was
still in Africa, she'd have milk but here in Israel she needs to
supplement.
All the best,
Chayn in Israel

--