Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:59:53 EDT
On a personal I'm FINALLY pregnant again after 3 yrs of trying. Of course I'm
just bursting to tell everyone!

To make this on topic- I went to my first OB appointment yesterday. Was
examined my a med. student who asked me to teach him everything I could about
breastfeeding in the time it took to do my exam (that was a challenge). The
Dr was impressed by what I told him.

I then met with my OB who was quite happy to find out what I did for a
living. He really wants any info I can bring in for him to share with his
other patients. He feels that they don't have adequate breastfeeding
information available. I was feeling very happy when I paid my bill and left
the office. Then the girl at the front desk say's "Wait! you didn't get a
Goodie Bag!" <groan> She handed me a bag that seemed to be full of magazines.

When I got home and opened the bag (was too tired to open it then) it was
full of formula company coupons, a Ross changing pad with compartments full
of formula samples, and publications from no less than 3 pharmaceutical
companies. How disappointing!!

I really believe that these Dr.'s are interested in accurate information. I
am going to get them a big stack of appropriate handouts and give them back
their 'goodie bag' with a documented explanation as to why I will not accept
it.

Thanks for letting me share and rant

Cheryl L Tompkins CLC
Phoenix AZ USA