From:
Keith Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 15:15:50 +0800
>     It is my understanding that the REAL issue is the Hz....in America we
>are on 60 cycle, in many countries overseas they are on 50...this means that
>while easy to convert from 120 to 220 the pump will run slower.. possible
>motor burn out...someone suggested that the charger can be recharged then use
>the pump on battery...this is an option. check the bottom of the pump for
>Hz...some are 50 or 60....

I have been Nomail for a week while on holiday, so I apologise that this is
a little delayed in response.

I have just got back one of the NMAA-owned Medela Lactina pumps I look
after, and on the bottom it says "Made in Switzerland  Type 016 2018
100-240 V  50-60 Hz  50 VA  T 1.25" and some other letters in circles that
I don't know what they mean. This looks to me like it would be suitable to
run on just about any country's power supply. It is marked as "Lactina
Electric Plus".

I also have a couple of Lactinas as a (very small) rental station. These
are a bit older than than the NMAA one and marked as "Lactina Electric" (no
"Plus"). One of these is marked Type 016 2003 220-240 V  50/60 Hz  80 VA  T
400 mA. Obviously this one was made specifically for 220/240 V countries
only. So just knowing the brands may not be enough - you may need to check
individual pumps for their type. Before now I had wondered what the "Plus"
meant as otherwise the pumps appeared identical.

Joy Anderson IBCLC
Perth, Western Australia