From:
Marsha Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:38:58 -0500
May I be so bold as to speak for those of us who are.um.less than
thrilled with the pictures on the posters for the ad campaign?  First,
please know that, regardless of any comments I make on this list, I
fully intend to support the ad campaign and am doing that.  Second, it's
ok if some of us don't like them.  Really.  We are all entitled to our
opinion and I'm betting that there will be those in the target
population who don't like them either.  That's just the nature of the
beast.  If the ad council has determined that these are the most
effective way of making an impact on the most people, I believe them.
And I will support the campaign to the best of my ability.  Those who
don't like them may be in the minority on this list and chances are, it
will also be a minority of the public who don't like them, but there
will be some, just the same. Just so we understand one another.  I was
just expressing an opinion, not attempting to shoot anything down.  Heck
I've got the breastfeeding mother fountain in my front yard, remember?
(Last year, someone clipped the wires and took the spotlight that lit it
up at night!  It is now timed to go off after midnight, so as not to
tempt any vandals in the dark watches of the night!)  You can see her
nipple, even, because the baby's mouth isn't actually on the breast.  I
got a funny reaction to it from two young guys trying to sell something
(early 20's probably.)  So you see, I'm doing my part to advertise and
desensitize!

Marsha, who just put two lovely new pictures up in my office purchased
at the conference!

Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future
generations as all other earthly causes combined.