Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:31:21 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
 Nikki,
I so appreciate your post. When I re-sat my exam 2 years ago, I literally thought about how I could "dumb myself down" for the test. I intentionally gave the "correct" or expected answer on certain questions and then wrote long notes about why that question was invalid and the "correct" answer wrong. IMO, our entire approach to education in the US sinks us to the lowest common denominator and attempts to wipe out the ability to be discerning and to think at all. IMO, a good LC can problem-solve really well. I see many moms who have already seen another LC (or even several) and often the approach they have received has been "canned" and little that is unique to the dyad taken into account. The feeding relationship is complex and the approach to supporting many families needs to take this into account. IMO, we need to find a way to not only encourage, but assure, that LCs reach far beyond the limitations of the "it's safe inside the box" approach to education and evaluation.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

-

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2