Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:29:41 +0200
Good points, Winnie.
1. Documentation would be done, of course.
2. Complicated cases would be screened and referred to private
consultations with LC's.
3, Here in Israel, at least in my hospital, moms are used to group
setting since that is how I work with them.  Some of the moms would be
referred by me just to have another few times to practice latch.  Anyone
who wants private consultations will be referred to other LC's, or maybe
we would have that option in this clinic.  Hopefully if it is financed
by some millionaire donor, fees would be minimal.
This is ONLY for moms who need work on latch.........not train wrecks,
breastfeeding rehab, or non-latching babies.

I have been in Chloe's clinic in Oxford, which is where this dream
started to form. It was wonderful, and I think that this was one of the
most interesting learning situations I have been in  ( second only to
spending a day on house calls with Cathy Genna, which was amazing!!)
IN England, the  visit is covered by the health system, but here we
would not have that possibility.
Esther Grunis, IBCLC
Lis Maternity Hospital
Tel Aviv, Israel