Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:46:06 -0700
Our little breastfeeding committee's efforts have been embraced by TPTB and we are now going to be the next inpatient and outpatient Mathernal Child Health QA project. As we have (barely) already started some of our educational interventions, we need to administer some type of assessment tool here soon.

I have searched the archives, and found multiple references to tests and tools, but I was unable to locate any specific ones. I'm also doing a pub med search, but thought I'd look to the experience available on LACTNET as well.

Please contact me if you can direct me to a good tool. Of course we want it to be comprehensive, valid and reliable, easily scored, and something that can be completed in 3 minutes :-)  We'd like to assess attitudes and perspectives, as well as knowledge of physiology, mother-baby support and facilitation of breastfeeding; in other words, what people think and feel as well as what they do. (Sounds more like somebody's thesis, doesn't it?)

Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

Moe Kane, NNP
Tucson

[log in to unmask] (text only)
[log in to unmask] (attachments)