From:
"Hurst, Nancy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 10:38:00 -0600
Thanks to Donna Z. for the plug re. my study. Just wanted to make a
correction on the reference and a comment. The correct reference is:

Hurst, N.M. (1996) Lactation after augmentation mammoplasty. Obstetrics and
Gynecology, 87(1), 30-34.

With regards to the comments made by Dr. Little, I was interested in when
and where he made them. I would like to contact him about his statement re.
breast size and ability to breastfeed (which of course I disagree). I could
say his statement suprises me, however, when I began my investigation on
this subject I was amazed at the lack of research available. All the
surgical texts I reviewed stated that the procedures utilized should not
interfere with breastfeeding. As a result of this study and M. Neifert's, we
know this is not the case. Periareolar incisions can interfere with
lactation outcome.