Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:47:50 EDT
Thank you for all the wonderful notes on the birth of my grandbaby. I printed
them all out and put them in his memory book. He is nursing like a champ.
Stacy said that periodically she will remember tidbits from conference sessions
that she attended with me as she was growing up.( The last LLL Conference she
attended was when she was 17 years old). The most touching memory was she
remembered Dr Gregory White talking about having an odd number of children because
with an even number you have to always divide things equally-SHe didn't know
he passed away last month.. She also remembered Dr Jay's comments on cow's
milk--we are the only species that drinks another species milk in infancy.  She
said she also remembered Dr Sears wearing a baby in a sling and watching how
calm he was  while navigating conference hallways. I knew she is nursing like a
pro when I was having trouble threading a needle and she said "hand it here"
while nursing and threaded the needle while nursing hands free on a boopy!! And
this was when the baby was only 8 days old! She said really the only hard part
about nursing is trying to figure out the hooks and clasps on the bras!
Barb Whitehead, BS, IBCLC, RLC
Eastern NC
(I am going back and forth to her house while continuing PT and home
exercises on my knee.)