From:
Anne Andrianos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:33:44 -0700
Thanks, Joyce for your  VS "Rant". Very well stated. The Professionals, IMHO, in many ways are becoming (or are already) part of the institutionalized hurdles mothers have to cross over to BF. I have been so diappointed by their reaction to the second credential proposed by IBLCE...it will hurt the profession (or hurt me, my pride, my source of money) when there is such a great need for more BF helpers including, not instead of IBCLCs!

You are so right in that this Nurse In is not only about about being able to nurse in public, but in bringing it to the attention of the community that the mall is at fault! for many reasons, such as: not having plenty of pumping rooms for employees, for being so outdated as to have rules about where a mom and baby can nurse...that it is not just "ho hum" that a couple of consumers are having lunch together! The malls and stores allow so many things...men in women's dresing rooms, outrageous, sexual window and in store ads...it is rediculous that so simple an act gets criticism...and legal analysis...and little support from the professionals. Thanks again, Joyce