From:
David Sulman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:02:16 -0600
It may be helpful to review the June 2013 issue of "Clinical Lactation: Official Journal of the United States Lactation Consultant Association," which was devoted to the topic of sleep training and rigid scheduling.  See Volume 4, issue 2.  Kathleen Kendall Tackett's editorial is titled, "Why Cry-It-Out and Sleep-Training Techniques Are Bad for Babies."

One of the articles that spoke to me very powerfully was "The Ethics of Early Life Care: The Harms of Sleep Training," by Darcia Narvaez, PhD, on pages 66 -70.

There are lots of references listed throughout this issue.

The journal can be freely accessed at http://www.clinicallactation.org/Volume/4/Issue/2

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC, LLL Leader
Madison, Wisconsin, USA