From:
Rowena Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:52:40 -0700
DeDe, I read the " diary" of a mom whose toddler weaned for 40 days
due to a painful dental something and was enticed back to the breast
S-L-O-W-L-Y with lots of skin-to-skin and co-sleeping. This is posted
on the Internet! I'm sorry I don't know where it is now, I was new at
computer stuff and I happened on it by "accident"(?)! If I come across
or can find the address I'll post it, otherwise I think you can
reassure your mom that it can be done. Meanwhile may I suggest a
nipple shield with or without a Lact-aid or SNS? Or, cup feeding
instead of bottle might work (even without the above suggestion),
because his real need to suck is probably still with him at only 7
months, and cup feeding will not leave him hungry but may leave him
"unsatisfied". I would also remind her that a very hungry baby can't
work with her, so offer the breast when he's not really starved. I
hope this is helpful.
Regards, Rowena Tucker LLLL, PA, IBCLC