From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:59:36 -0500
http://www.sacn.gov.uk/pdfs/final_sacn_statement_on_good_night_milks.pdf

This reminded me of billboards advertising Horlicks that I saw as a child
growing up in England.
Horlicks is the name of a malted milk hot drink for both children and
adults, which is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline in the UK. A marketing
campaign in 1931 promoted it as a cure for "*night starvation*". This claim
continued to be made for many decades. I have no idea whether or not the
claim was ever challenged.

Norma Ritter, Lactosaurus
LLLL since 1976
IBCLC since 1995
Most importantly, however, mother of three breastfed children and five
breastfeeding grandchildren.