Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:42:05 -0600
>We would all breathe easier.  Shorter posts are more likely to be read. Long
>ones get scrolled past.

>How about if we try to say what we have to say in two paragraphs or less?
ONE?

Oh, Kathy, just two paragraphs? Or better, one??

I am quite behind in reading because of too much work lately, but I have a
bit of a break today, and I have just read several wonderful posts that
would have been so much less if they had been limited to 1-2 paragraphs.
And even the posts of despair would be quite "flat" if they had to be
edited so much.

I admire the folks who can be succinct in their writing, while maintaining
spontaneity and warmth and presence, but for those who write more
"broadly", perhaps we can skip their posts if we are pressed for time, but
savor them if we have the time.  (Perhaps at 3:00 AM)

When I see my "Best of Lactnet" file, there is a nice mix of short and long
posts. There's not one of the long ones that I wish hadn't been created.

I do appreciate that some people are burdened financially by long posts,
and we can all do what we can to be more focused.  So, you have raised our
awareness of this burden, and we can all try to respect each other's
"cyber-space," trimming where we can, while keeping the spirit of our words.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

mailto:[log in to unmask]