From:
Sue Prado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 16:15:32 -0500
We are delighted to announce that the new and improved LLL Breastfeeding
Helpline - US is live and receiving helping calls!  As of June 1, toll-free
phone help is available 24 hours a day, anywhere in the US, providing
information, education, and support for women who want to breastfeed,
healthcare providers, and others.  Our number is 877 4 LA LECHE.  Callers
have access to the most current breastfeeding information, receive support
from a helpline volunteer who is an accredited Leader, and receive contact
information for local LLL Leaders.  We have live operators or callers can
choose to leave a voicemail.

The helpline is independent from LLLI operations and was created
cooperatively between the two US Divisions.  Over the past several months
much work has gone into the creation and implementation of the new
helpline.  Initial funding sources have been identified with startup funds
raised, a service provider was selected after exploring various
telecommunication options, the phone number was obtained, volunteers were
recruited from both US Divisions and began training, call logging and
database software tools were acquired and customized for the helpline, and
marketing materials have been created.  These efforts have enabled the
helpline to go live and most will be ongoing efforts in sustaining the
helpline.

To maintain this important service, we need to raise our own funds.  Our
online store at www.cafepress.com/lllbhus has posters, shirts, magnets, and
other ways to support the helpline while spreading the word in the
community.  To donate funds directly to the helpline, please contact Carroll
Beckham, helpline treasurer, at [log in to unmask] or mail your donation to
Carroll at 2101 Woods End Drive, Fayetteville, NC  28312.  Donations are
also being received by Pam Freedman, [log in to unmask], in memory of Olivia
and Elena Parry, grandchildren of LLL Leader Linda Parry.  Olivia and Elena
died tragically in a house fire in December, 2006.  Linda was quite
instrumental in the creation of the helpline.  Donations in memory of Olivia
and Elena can be sent to Pam Freedman, 104 Crofton Springs Place, Chapel
Hill, NC  27516.
Please distribute the new number in your community.  Thank you.

--
Susan Prado, BA, LLLL, IBCLC, RLC
TOLL FREE BREASTFEEDING HELP IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY