From:
Christel Geebelen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 03:23:04 -0400
'They grow best on second breast'
Hello!
I'm a Belgian LC, working in the Flamish organistation of Health Workers.
We guide families with children between 0 and 3 years during homevisits and
consultations.  Step by step, I try to improve the breastfeedingmanagement
of our organisation. In the training for newkoming health-nurses the
trainers use the oneliner 'they grow best on second breast'.  I'm not happy
with this slogan and I'm searching evidence to convince the trainer to
shade this theory.  I'm afraid newkoming nurses think the baby must have
second breast, without exception.
Now I ask your help: does anybody recognise this oneliner and do you know
who launched it and in which context?
Christel Geebelen
Health Nurse and LC
Kind en Gezin