From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:42:26 -0500
Just to chime in that I breastfed my daughter, now 13, for 5 or 6 yrs. For
those unfamiliar with older nurslings, often they nurse very briefly prior
to naps or bedtime, and sometimes skipping a day or two, and for me even on
a "dry" breast -  I really did not feel I had any milk the last several
months.
I concur with all the benefits, physiological and psychological. What I do
want to mention is that I was actually quite fearful, as she got older, that
someone would be quite aghast about it, report it, and have my child taken
away from me. We basically went "closet nursing" as she got older, as many
mothers unfortunately do. Living in the "Deep South" USA attitudes about
even bf a newborn are not favorable.
Did any others have this fear?

Laurie Wheeler
Louisiana at that time, now Mississippi