From:
Kathy Eng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:45:27 -0500
Clients have told me they purchase the Gerber wide based nipple from Wal Mart, but only with the whole bottle/set. I recently purchased the wide based Evenflow Comfi at Target. I have been able to find them there regularly. There is also a narrow base (old fashioned style) with the same name. They changed the base of the old "ultra wide" so that it now fits into standard nipple rings. You used to purchase it with those blue bottle rings, now you just get the nipples. I don't know if the product has changed but I like to use this one with premies or small mouthed babies. There is also the Munchkins bottle and nipple with three flow rates on one nipple/ring. It is available at Target. I like the shape, it is a wide base and short teat, but I think it flows fast, even on slow. But that was trying the tri-flow base and nipple on an Avent bottle because they didn't have the bottles with the nipples when I went to the store (just the nipples and rings). Some in this brand are narrow based also. I know someone who swears by this bottle for her own breastfed baby. I would like to know if anyone else likes the tri-flow Munchkin brand. Thanks, Kathy Eng, BSW, IBCLC