Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:43:28 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Many of you may have heard about the book called "Bottlefeeding Without Guilt".  If you haven't, here's a very interesting publicity sheet for it at its publisher's website.

http://www.adlerbooks.com/bottlef.html

Although repulsive, I think this book has very valuable information for anyone involved in breastfeeding promotion - as it shows us where we may be going wrong.

For example:
quote: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If breastfeeding needs so many books to cover the subject fully, perhaps the reason is that there are a great many problems associated with breastfeeding, and the nursing mother should expect to need much expert advice. Instead of working her way through a pile of books trying to find the right one to help with her specific breastfeeding problem, a new mother would welcome a book that offers a simpler alternative, Bottlefeeding Without Guilt." 

This is one of my thoughts, too.  I wish all those books were just called "Baby" or "Parenting" guides, and then taught us about breastfeeding.  For example Dr. Sear's "Baby Book".  It looks like it doesn't have an agenda, you can give it or buy it without offending anyone, and yet its VERY pro-breastfeeding.

Janice Reynolds
Consumer Representative, Breastfeeding Committee for Canada

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2