From:
"Jan L. Aken" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 00:09:14 EST
Dear Kelly,
Re: The  mom with low milk supply, What is the shape of her breast? Are the
breasts wide spread with each breast being almost tubular in shape?  If this is
the case, I have seen a couple clients where the mother never did produce a lot
of milk with this shape of breast . One of my mothers had to supplement for 8
months because she just didn't produce enough milk and her breasts looked like a
couple of tubes.. This was a mother who did everything by the book also, rest,
increased fluids, nursed every 2-3 hours, pumped after nursing, etc, etc.
Just an idea.
Jan Aken RN IBCLC
Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life!
                                        ____Confucious