From:
Pearl Shifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 08:46:43 PST
Ann, you mentioned that the nipples were "thick"-could this have made the
pumping uncomfortable, and not scar tissue? It's always easier to second
guess after the fact, but could this mother have tried hand expression?
Thick nipples may not fit well in many pump kits.
BTW, I had my ears pierced when I was almost 30 years old, and there's
lots of scar tissue, if that's what I feel, in the lobes. FWIW.
Pearl Shifer, IBCLC