Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:47:13 -0400
Hello friends,
A search of the archives and every research book I own has not helped me with
this problem..
I am working with a mom of two, expecting a third.  14 weeks pregnant with no complications.  Nursed oldest child for three years.  Currently nursing her 12 month old.  Has been experiencing a dramatic decrease in supply resulting in a very unhappy wee one.  Visited with mom yesterday and babe is unhappy.  Asking to nurse about 15 times per day and several times per night.  Mom is only noticing let-down during the first few feedings of the morning.  Diapers are dryer than normal.  Stools are reduced.  Babe hasn't lost any weight.
Mom was advised about increasing solids and fluids and is okay with that, but does not want to wean.  Is there anything she can do?
Currently, she is on her prenatal vitamin, blessed thistle, alfa-alfa and fennel.  Hasn't noticed much change.  Mom is willing to try any other herbs, homeopathics and anything else that is recommended.
I just don't know how effective anything will be against the pregnancy hormones and would worry about harming the developing baby.
Suggestions?
Thank you,
Deborah Grant
Mom is upset and contacted me on ways to keep her milk