From:
Iona Macnab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:21:21 +0900
I am an IBCLC and LLL Leader in Tokyo Japan. I was away in Nagoya over the
weekend listening to Ros Escott and Karolyn Vaughan speak to IBCLCs here,
and missed the request for Japanese information here. Linda Pohl emailed me
privately anyway, but just in case anyone else on LACTNET needs to give
Japanese mothers in their community some resouces in Japanese, I will repeat
here the information I emailed Linda offlist.

Please suggest to Japanese mothers (in whichever country they live in) to
access www.llljapan.com  for La Leche League information, groups and support
in Japanese. There is also an online group for Japanese mothers through that
page.

See http://jalc-net.jp  for the web site for the Japanese Association of
Lactation Consultants, where mothers can access FAQs on common breastfeeding
issues in Japan.

Breastfeeding I can do that, by Sue Cox, is called Watashi no akachan: oppai
noto in Japanese.

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is called Dare demo dekiru bonyuu ikuji in
Japanese

There is also the Baby Book by Dr Sears, same name in Japanese.

And there is the AAP's New mother's guide to breastfeeding  called Bonyuu
ikuji no subete.

These are available from www.amazon.co.jp which is all in Japanese and will
ship outside Japan.

If you are contacted by English speaking mothers moving to or living in
Japan, they are wecome to get in touch with me or with one of the English
speaking LLL groups in Tokyo.

 Best wishes

Iona Macnab LLB IBCLC

Tokyo Japan