From:
Sue Gehrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:21:27 -0500
I have read the posts about spinning, turning the baby to get them to
latch during a nursing strike because I worked once with a very petite
mother who had a baby of 10# at birth.  BF got off to a pretty good
start but after going home the baby refused to latch unless she was
standing and would swing  her body back and forth.  She was so tired and
worn out from doing this she was ready to go back to China where she
would have more family help. Nothing I did or suggested made a
difference to this baby.   I had no clue why the swinging was working
but I suggested she get a sling right away to help her hold the weight
of the baby while she nursed.  Husband was of no help.  She disappeared
so I think she may have returned to China.  If anyone else has
experienced this phenomenon and been able to follow up I would love to
hear about it.

Susan Gehrman RN, IBCLC, CCE
Battle Creek Health System
300 North Ave.
Battle Creek, Michigan 49016

This message may contain confidential information protected by law
through attorney-client privilege or professional peer review/quality
evaluation privilege.  It is intended only for the individual or entity
named above.  It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy,
distribute or use the contents of this message.  If you received this
message in error, please notify the BCHS Privacy/Integrity Office at
[log in to unmask] or (269) 966-8347.