From:
Regina Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 11:16:13 -0400
How wonderful to see another fan of Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition by
Marilyn Shannon!  That book was the first step really in my own efforts to
improve my diet.  I was concerned about my long history of disgustingly long
periods.  I never had a period shorter than 10-14 days long prior to reading
that book!  Often they would last 3 weeks.  Then I would go months without
periods at all.  I was shocked to get pregnant so easily.  I remember once
when I was about 14 or 15 I actually had a period that lasted 48 days and
made me anemic.  That year, I spent the Christmas holidays confined to my
bed.  (Yes, I said a 48 day period, not a 48 day cycle!)  My mom at the time
said, "Well, that beats my record.  I once had a 44 day period."  How
reassuring :-).

Anyway, when I read the book I was still not having periods due to nursing my
daughter.  I know I can't prove the book's information had anything to do
with it - it could be my body finally just grew up and figured out what to
do.  But I have always believed that it did help, mainly because things were
no different for my cycles when they returned after my first child.  I've had
wonderful normal periods with very little PMS ever since!

There's my endorsement!

Regina Roig Lane, B.S., and official exam candidate (yeah!)