Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:37:55 EST
go to the AAP website and look up the policy on hypoallergenic formula.  It
addresses colitis in the breastfed infant and recommends maternal elimination
diet.

I also like the LLLI article on "Lactose Intolerance, Diarhea, and Allergy.
Well referenced and written by an MD.  It can be found on their website in
the archives of Breastfeeding Abstracts.

It is also addressed in Lawrence's book, "Breastfeeding: A Guide for the
Medical Profession under Colitis in the breastfed infant.

There are many more specialty articles, but these references are nice
summaries and any of them could be useful to a Doctor.  The LLLI one is my
favorite because it outlines for the Dr. differential diagnosis possibilities
as well.

Natalie Shenk, BS, IBCLC
Findlay Ohio

<<Subject: breast milk protein allergy...Does anyone have a  good website for