From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2016 15:24:51 +0000
I just ran this by Dr. Nice for his take.  As I suspected, there is no known interactions between metformin and myo-inositol. He says that they do not work identically, which was my question and suggests to me that a mother could try both (though I think that one at a time is better to determine what is working best!).  Regarding goat's rue, he says that there are no reports of anti-coagulant activity, which is typically the greatest surgery concern.

~Lisa Marasco

>>PTP. I am working with a second time mom who is 39w pregnant. She had low milk supply with her first baby and is being proactive about supply with this baby.

She has type 2 diabetes and we discussed insulin and its role with milk supply. Because of this, she and her OB decided that she would go back on Metformin. She will be continuing Metformin after pregnancy. She also wants to try myo-inositol and goat's rue. Because she may have a repeat CS, she was asking me about timing of goat's rue due to increased risk of bleeding.

Also, would myo-inositol and Metformin be too much at once?<<