Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:04:45 -0500
Way back in August I went on vacation, then returned to a crashed computer.
It wasn't fixed until October, and its "downtime" coincided with a
significant downturn in business and having to adjust to an empty nest.  So
September started out odd, then turned odd for *everyone*.  And now it's odd
to be back in the breastfeeding world again (though without my bookmarks or
address book... or children, for that matter).

And a quick question I was just asked:  assuming that a baby doesn't finish
an SNS feeding of human milk, is there any need to clean the *tubing* before
another use a few hours later?  This is a thriving several-month old
exclusively human-milk-at-breast-fed baby.  I've certainly never heard of a
problem, but I can see where the residual tubing milk could be a different
issue from the larger volume of milk in the reservoir.  I think the mother
is as interested in the theoretical answer as the practical one.  Me too.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com