From:
Jo-Anne and Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:58:11 -0400
On my Leader logs, I simply write "mom says no bottles" "mom says no
known history of allergies" etc. Interestingly, I do *not* write "mom
says bf 8-9 X day", just "baby bf 8-9 X day" although I do write "MD (or
Ped. or LC or mil!) says gain too slow"
As for the offered and declined -- it sounds like a prize or a job, not
an epidural or an amniocentesis. I would prefer "chose not to accept
epi." and even add a "because..." if I want to make the level of
information and the degree of informed consent a little clearer.
What other short-hand is useful? I use "disc. normal newborn behaviour"
instead of "asked her how much baby slept, how often he fed, and
reassured that every half hour was within the range of normal" :-)
(I don't use the q stuff, yet, although I did study Latin so I
understand it!)
Jo-Anne