From:
Vicki Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 23:43:56 -0400
I'm a vegan whose milk never caused any fussiness with either of my boys
(worse thing they ever had was garlic breath, ha ha) but reading about
that mom, and then the rickets/supplements posts, got me thinking about
how my pediatrician suggested "Poly-Vi-Sol" for my son because of I
myself take iron and B-supplements

 I adore my pediatrician, she is such a bf advocate and has probably seen
my breasts more often than she's seen either of my boys' anything (ha ha)
because I nurse Harrison (now 19months) during vaccinations and flu shots
and he's usually nursing whenever she walks into the room. but at 2
consecutive early (maybe 2 and 4 month?) well-baby checkups she did
recommend that I give him a MVI supplement and wrote that specific brand
down for me.

did you know PolyViSol is made my Enfamil?! (and I think that if my
wonderful ped has ever bought into any formula company marketing, that
would be the absolute extent of it). the bottle says to mix with "formula,
water, cereal, or other food." notice no mention of breastmilk. maybe
because they know mom's milk is already perfect :-)

of course I didn't buy it, but Enfamil making a MVI supplement for babies
and toddlers is kind of like their "Expecta" fatty acid supplement for
pregnant and nursing moms. a friend/co-worker's comment on THAT was "as if
there isn't enough crap out there already"