From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 21:19:16 -0400
>I'm working with an eight weeks old baby who has been diagnosed by the
>pediatrician with gastro-oesophageal reflux. I think the baby's misery
> (always fussy and gassy, despite excellent weight gain) may be also due to
>the mother's oversupply and her diet..... she reported dairy intake of 16 oz
>milk, 8 oz yoghourt, 1 frozen yoghourt, 1 cup cottage cheese and a few ounces
>of regular cheese (daily) plus high fibre intake of 2 cups All Bran and 4
>slices of whole wheat bread (suffers from constipation).

Beverly, have you tried one sided nursing for each 2 hour period, and
nursing uphill? Throat uphill from milk supply/nipple? Is the baby vomiting
prolifically? Projectile? Sounds like a dairy sensitivity to me...we are
happy to have with us a pediatric gastroenterologist...maybe we will hear
expert words here.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC (email = [log in to unmask])
"All truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then it is
violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Schoepenhouer