From:
Linda Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 12:55:46 -0400
Heather said "Formula companies do not deserve any credit at all."

Thanks Heather. I do try to keep centered, giving credit where credit is
due, and my eyes have just been opened that maybe formula
companies have saved some (Western world) babies from even less
appropriate concoctions that moms were already using before the
influence of such companies, but I do know that the number of lives
lost due to their purposeful influences is exponential to any that may
have been saved for the above reason. The formula industry could
certainly have opted for being only beneficial, for use in cases
of "need."

The thought of choosing to be only beneficial just gave me this thought
about the prosthetic limb industry demonstrating how much stronger
and tougher artificial limbs are than human limbs; immune to cuts,
strains, blood clots, necrosis and tumors, hygenic and easy to clean,
cutting our nutritional needs, don't need to exercise any more... and
wouldn't we want the best for ourselves (or our kids)?

As for the longterm studies you suggest in terms of their modifications
(yes I misunderstood), in a way I think that their "science" is growing
so "fast," (again, not that they even use the best of what they know),
that any long-term studies might be irrelevent before they're done. It
sure wouldn't hurt them to do a little follow-up though, but that would
be assuming that they cared, and it would just give them more fuel for
marketing angles (as one modification will usually outweigh another,
i.e. prove marketable superiority).

linda