From:
Carol Schlef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:12:01 -0600
Hi friends,

Tell me if I'm reading this wrong, but my "read" on the Stonyfield/Danone Waters history is that Nestle is no longer involved! Aquaterra bought the business FROM Nestle in 1992.

Please tell me this is correct, as I'm not sure I can get my dh to quit eating Stonyfield Farms yogurt!

Smiles,

Carol

Carol Schlef, RNC, MSW, IBCLC, LCCE
www.humorhealthhugs.com

Our History

2004 	Retail division experiences name change to Danone Naya Waters
2004 	Official name change to Danone Waters of Canada Inc.
2003 	Acquisition of Sparkling Spring Water
2002 	Official name change to Danone Waters of North America
2000 	Groupe Danone purchases McKesson Water Products in the US and
Naya in Canada
1998 	Aquaterra split into two operating divisions (Ontario and Quebec)
1997 	Labrador Laurentian Inc. formed to service the Quebec HOD market
(50% Aquaterra, 50% McCAll Family)
1996 	Aquaterra acquires an 83% interest in Laurentian Spring Valley
Inc., # 2 player in the Toronto and Montreal markets. Becomes Canada's
largest bottled water company
1995 	Aquaterra purchases Maqua, # 1 player in the Ottawa market
1994 	Group Danone purchases 80% interest in Aquaterra Corporation
1992 	Aquaterra Corporation purchases Crystal Springs and Labrador from Nestle
1990 	Crystal Springs purchases Caledon Springs, # 3 player in the
Toronto market
1983 	Nestle purchases Crystal Springs
1979 	Nestle purchases Labrador
1968 	Labrador established in Quebec
1963 	Crystal Springs established in Ontario