From:
Virginia Bobro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:58:39 -0700
> So if you have the secret to not waking up to check the
> clock or go to the
> bathroom or turn over or get a drink of water, please,
> please share it.  I'm
> feeling very sleep deprived in my old age.

Well, I haven't reached the teenage years, yet, so maybe this
is just a brief "windfall" of sleep.   :)  I haven't reached
those (peri) menopausal years yet either.

I think I am still catching up on all the sleep I missed
while nursing those twin boys. For 2 years (at least) I did
not sleep for more than a two-hour stretch...and that was if
I was lucky!
And with homeschooling my 3 children now, I certainly am
*tired* at night, and that helps.

We live in a yurt, and our bed is in a loft, which means I
try to avoid getting out of bed at all costs, because I have
to climb down and up a ladder in the dark. No clock to look
at, either. And I certainly DO turn over, but in my sleep, I
suppose. The only time I lose sleep is when a doula client is
one week past her "due date" (which is now!).
(Actually, since suffering from whiplash from a car accident
2 months ago, my sleep has suffered a bit.)

I avoid caffeine (unless you count chocolate..), and
I am rather fond of my lavender-infused eye pillow and a dose
of Rescue Remedy before bed...

So this is O/T now...I shall go to bed.

Virginia Bobro
IBCLC, CD (DONA)