From:
Jill Meltzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 18:18:52 -0500
Someone asked about a study involving cabbage leaves.  There was a study done
is Israel that concluded that cabbage leaves used for 24 hrs. straight can
dry up milk and that for engorgement the time should be limited.  I can't
cite the exact reference.

About Prisions of Ritual.  I guess the title  made me a little uncomfortable.
 Jewish people do not consider themselves to be a prisoner of this ritual.
 It is a commandment from G-d, a covenant, a private pact between him and the
Jewish people.  If anybody that is not Jewish feels the custom is barbaric or
dangerous, it is of course perfectly acceptable to chose not to do it to
non-Jewish sons.  Jewish people consider it a privilege, and celebrate the
occasion with great joy.