From:
Karen Foard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 08:40:23 -0500
Dear All,

After reading the web pages on a syndrome called Apert Syndrome, which
presents with craniofacial abnormalities, and syndactyl (webbing) of hands
and feet, I thought I'd ask for assistance from any of you who may have
worked with a baby with this condition.  This particular baby has a
complete cleft of soft and hard palate, to the side not midline, and
another local IBCLC who has had contact with the baby more than I have
noticed  narrowed nasal passages, and mouth breathing. The mom is currectly
feeding the baby expressed milk with a bag-type bottle that has the screw
on adaptor for regular orthodontic nipples.

Does anyone have any tips or hints for us as we work with this mom and
baby? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks-   Karen Foard, mailto:[log in to unmask]