From:
Gail Hertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:37:04 -0500
Hi rachelle,

I had a family with two kids with MCAD. With the second one she did pre and post weights and bf worked out well. She could tell immediately when he wouldn't feed well. She needs to get a note from her Ped ( who should have seen her before two weeks, btw,) to take with her to the ER when she needs to go because this baby will end up needing IV D10(at least) urgently when he is not well. The ER docs might not be on board with this. She will need the scale for at least six months.

Gail Hertz, MD, IBCLC, FABM
Author of The Little Green Book of Breastfeeding Management