Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:37:04 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (40 lines)
Hi rachelle,

I had a family with two kids with MCAD. With the second one she did pre and post weights and bf worked out well. She could tell immediately when he wouldn't feed well. She needs to get a note from her Ped ( who should have seen her before two weeks, btw,) to take with her to the ER when she needs to go because this baby will end up needing IV D10(at least) urgently when he is not well. The ER docs might not be on board with this. She will need the scale for at least six months.

Gail Hertz, MD, IBCLC, FABM 
Author of The Little Green Book of Breastfeeding Management
[log in to unmask]

> On Jan 26, 2015, at 8:16 PM, Rachelle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> I am working with a family (permission to post) who has an 11 day old male who has been diagnosed with MCAD (on day 5.)
> He is exclusively bfed, has regained birth weight and is feeding well, 12 times per 24 hours. (This family happens to be very close personal friends so I spent the first 5 days with them, and now talk to mom daily.  This is their first child. They are in the Dallas, Texas area.)
> Does anyone have any personal experience, or resources that I can pass on to mom.  I read through the archives and found great information as always.  Just was looking to see if anyone knows of online support / resources for the parents. 
> Baby has appt with very brestfeeding friendly Ped on Thursday (2 weeks) and then will meet with a geneticist. 
> I am having mom rent a baby scale and do pre-post weights so she can take that information to the geneticist in a week or two. Any other things I can suggest at this point? (I have no doubt he is feeding well based on weight gain & output, but wanted Mom to have info to give the geneticist since she does want to continue breastfeeding.)
> Thank you!Rachelle Markham, IBCLCSan Diego, CA 
> 
>             ***********************************************
> 
> Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
> COMMANDS:
> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2