From:
Emily Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:10:19 -0400
I agree, at a baby shower for my best friend we were talking about how my
friend was going to overcome minor issues with BF and another friend said
well I just couldnt do it after 3 weeks and it was best for me so it must
have been best for my daughter...I should have bit my tongue but anyone
who knows me, well I couldnt and asked her why that was...She told me it
was people who told her BF was best, etc that were the worst. However, I
had another mother at the same party who said she wanted to BF so badly
when her son was born but was told since she was going back to work at 5
weeks that she would never succeed so why try...
(sigh)
I think we should approach all moms and if they get hostile with us then
we can say we are just presenting info on how to help them in the future
(i.e. drying up, etc) that way when we come to see them it isnt on the
precursor that we are only there to get her to change her mind...never
know, after all the work with the bottle in the first day they may change
their minds..

Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE
Private Practice
Merced, CA