From:
Jay Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:10:09 EST
For over twenty years I have been dealing with ignorant nursery personnel and
uneducable physicians.  There is a special place in hell reserved for doctors
who take babies off the breast for illogical and medically insupportable
reasons.

You can enlist the support of some of the academic MDs on this list and write
directly to some of the world's bili experts like Dr. Gartner.  I'd guess he
would be happy to straighten out the docs and nurses you're confronting.

Keep your head held high because you have the facts on your side and the
baby's best interests in your heart.  The facts in this case are not 100%
clear to me but your actions clearly helped the BF dyad and their actions
undermined breastfeeding's success.

Jay Gordon, MD, FAAP, IBCLC (OK?)