From:
Sam Doak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:42:21 -0500
Has her thyroid function been tested? I have a similar history, and about 4
months after my 4th baby, my hair started falling out by the handful. In
another 2 months, I had no milk supply, was freezing cold, and couldn't get
out of bed. My thyroid had completely quit. I'm on a huge dose of Armour
Thyroid, still. Just a thought!

Best wishes,
Sam Doak

<<

I have been working with a mom with a history of PCOS and depression
(permission to post) who has been breastfeeding successfully for 5 months.
Now her hair is falling out, her OB says it could be lack of estrogen due to
breastfeeding and PCOS and that she should wean the baby. Is there any
other alternative for this mom to stop losing her hair w/o weaning the baby?
   Thank you so much for your help.
    Ellen Pinker RN IBCLC Maryland