ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeff Courtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:55:21 -0600

Len:  Thanks for making an excellent point.  As a group, we often
succumb to the myth that if we build it, "they" will come....

I think this relates to Charlie C's. point earlier about how research
can inform not only science content, but also audience issues.
Besides the work of VSA, what does research from other fields suggest
about teenagers, group identity, leisure, work, learning, and other
influences in their lives?  I wish I had another lifetime to study
it :).