ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Levad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:20:58 -0500

Mary,

For some reason the scene in the IMAX movie Antartica with the
penguins popping out of the water on to the ice always got a laugh at
our theater.  They are just so darn cute!  I guess that's why my idea
for a penguin tasting event when we had "Shackleton" didn't go over
very well.

The lemurs in "The Greatest Places" were pretty funny as well.  I
guess the lesson is to have cute animals bounding about.

The background music is also really important here.  If you play the
theme from "Jaws" behind seals hopping out of the water your reaction
is "Whew! that was a close one."  If you play ragtime piano and show
them slipping and sliding out of the water onto the rocks it suddenly
becomes hilarious.

Mike

--
Mike Levad