Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:07:00 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Hello Mr. Laverty:  I've just gotten the time to respond to your broadcast inquiry.  Are you still in need of input to your question?  If so, I have quite a few references I can send to you.  I have to say though that you won't find any "credible" references for the con side of this issue, as these references are either tightly plugged into the fossil fuel industry or are still in denial over the problem.  I make this statement since I finished my master's thesis recently on educating the public on climate change, and also having been to 11 climate change conferences/symposia, as well as having read 12 books and seen several videos/DVDs about the problem.  My undergrad work is in environmental sciences.  So I have a strong comprehension of the global warming issue.  If you want to present the con side just for balance, there are several sources.

In short, if you still need assistance I can most probably get you the information you need.  Just let me know.

Shelly Ryan
Bay Area> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:02:50 -0800> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Global Warming Help> To: [log in to unmask]> > ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers> Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.> *****************************************************************************> > I need to do a speech on Climate Change and whether or not the US should enact policy. Can anyone suggest credible reference sources for both pro and con arguments? Thanks> > Michele Laverty> Director Ag Science Center> [log in to unmask]> P.O. Box 4937> Modesto, CA 95352-4893> 209-521-2902 office> 209-604-4916 cell> Check us out on the Web at WWW.AGISAMAZING.com> > > > > > > > ***********************************************************************> For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.> > Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.> > The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit> http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.> > To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the> message SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to> [log in to unmask]
For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2