ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Uzzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:02:27 -0400

Holly -
I sent you a note offlist to a different account. If you don't receive
it, contact me through the list. I am glad to share our planning process
and what needs to be considered, as well as how to keep it up to date,
and use it to create supportable IT infrastructure. This goes for others
on the list too.

IT planning, done well, will save a lot of headache and wasted money
down the road. Sounds like an ASTC committee and session for next year.
The secret to making IT planning work is to focus on the needs of the
institution, not the computers and wires. It looks like Todd will be
doing a session on vertical integration at the conference this year
which might be of interest to those interested in technology planning.
Best of luck as we all face the future together!

--
Stephen Miles Uzzo
Director of Technology