ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Charity Counts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:48:00 -0500

Chris and all:

First, thank you for your interest in my thesis. I appreciate the
helpful in identifying case studies for my project.

Second, I have realized that I may need to explain my intentions a
little further. In my experience in museums, there have been many
exhibits of varying levels of content, education, captivation, and
excitement. However, when I think back, there are really just a few that
I would describe as "spectacular." So, what did they do that others
didn't?

Rather than just study exhibits I personally feel are spectacular, I
decided to find out what others have experienced. I hoped that I would
find 3 or 4 exhibits out there that had this effect on many people. Then
I want to find out "what" it is that makes them so spectacular.

Please keep in mind that a successful exhibit is not necessarily a
spectacular one... or vice versa.

I'll be tracking responses for a while. So, please continue to tell me
about exhibits that drew you in and blew you away.

Best,
Charity