ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Rachel Smith)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:56:24 -0700

Please post replies to the list - I'd be interested in hearing what people
are doing/have planned too.

As a side note (semi-related issue) the public library within the
Indianapolis Childrens' museum lends out laptops for use in the library by
its youth patrons.  The kids have to surrender a shoe for a computer and get
their shoe back when they return the machine.  This lending/accountability
system was working really well when I learned about it (a year or so ago).
I'm not sure if they're still using it.

Rachel

Rachel Smith,  Ph.D.
Public Programs Director